Pretty sure that’s my favorite colloquialism, and I’m also pretty sure colloquialism is my favorite word to say out loud. (Try it now, seriously. I’ll wait!)
If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail. It’s brilliant in it’s simplicity, right?
We’re on a pretty strict budget, so meal planning is so important for us. I do my meal planning on Wednesday, and go shopping on Thursday.
I’m working on a post where I share my system for meal planning and shopping, because until I figured this out I floundered. We overspent. We ran out of things too soon, but we also had a ton of waste each week. I’d have “ingredients” but not things I needed to make meals. It was a mess.
I’ll share that just as soon as I can, because I know I’m not the only one who struggled with meal planning.
Until then, it’s time for a new weekly feature: What Are We Eating This Week?
- Sausage Egg Cups from PaleOMG
- Eggs, Avocado, Bacon, Sauerkraut on a bed of spinach with tomatoes
- Salads with protein (Tuna, Deli Meat, Leftovers)
- Tuna salad wraps with olives, carrots, and cucumbers
- Balsamic Roast Beef from PaleoLeap with sweet potato and swiss chard
- Stuffed Peppers with cauliflower rice and ground beef
- Zoodles (zucchini noodles) with meatballs
- Salsa Chicken from FastPaleo served on boston lettuce leaves with kale chips (The kids love making kale chips!)
- Parchment Salmon with herb butter from The Paleo Mom with broccoli, sweet potato and asparagus
- Bangers and Mash from Whole 30
And because it’s Superbowl, I’m making a whole fun, but still pretty healthy spread!
- Knock-Off Chick-Fil-A Nuggets from Steph at Stupid Easy Paleo (I’m not sure if I love her or this recipe more, and I’m a total fangirl!)
- Oven Fried Pickles from Paleo Leap (The CFA nuggets need pickle juice, and I don’t want them to go bad so this seems perfect!)
- Hot Wings for my hot sauce lovin’ husband
- And a SECRET SURPRISE for my husband and kids: Deviled Eggs! After my Mayo Fail yesterday, I’m thinking I might have to experiment a bit and use avocado in place of mayo. I’ll let you know how it goes!